Location: Bradley Otis Orlando, FL
Type: Part Time
Engage and inspire young people age 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults. Plan and organize program at designated club to teach culinary arts to club members including food safety, techniques and nutrition.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Plan and organize program to teach club members culinary arts.
2. Provide members with a working knowledge of proper kitchen safety, sanitation and food handling as measured by completion of assigned projects.
3. Introduce members to a variety of career options within the hospitality and culinary field.
4. Prepare members for entry-level positions in the food service industry.
5. Create & implement programs of different advancement levels that provide members with a solid foundation in preparing, handling, and cooking food, while gaining knowledge about the principles of food service production and sanitation; nutrition.
6. May have to interface with community leaders, donors, companies etc. and seek out opportunities for job shadowing, internships and employment of members.
7. Seek out opportunities inside the Club and in the community to showcase members skills.
8. Ensure daily records are maintained and prepare reports.
9. Plan daily menus and order appropriate food and supplies and prepare meals/snacks.
10. Supervise chef assistant.
11. Ensure that kitchen and equipment is properly maintained, organized and clean. Inform Service Director of maintenance issues.
12. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members and quality of the program.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with chef assistant, club members in program, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with vendors.
• High school diploma or GED. Prefer member of Culinary Chef's Association.
• One year experience as a chef planning menus and supervising kitchen staff.
• Ability to plan and implement quality culinary arts program for youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise club members in a safe environment.
• Valid driver's license with good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently list and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. Working environment: The employee will work in a commercial kitchen and use heavy cooking machinery and will be exposed to hot surfaces and food.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
How to apply: Qualified candidates can send their resume to https://bgccf.hirecentric.com/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org Job Posting