Program Assistant - Music
Location: Bradley Otis Orlando, FL
Pay: $10.00 Hourly
Type: Part Time
Hours - School Year - 20 hours/week during the school year between 2pm and 9pm
Hours - Summer and School Breaks -30 hours/week between 7am and 6pm
Engage and inspire young people aged 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults.
Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate activities provided within the Music program area. Will teach Club members to read and write music, play instruments, and provide vocal coaching. Responsible for overseeing Club music studio, utilizing programs such as Digital Arts and recording studio software. Strive to create a performance group (choir, drum line, etc.) to represent BGCCF. Promote creativity and channel self- expression in positive directions.
Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a clean, safe environment for children and adults within the program space.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
Promote and stimulate program participation;
Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
Expose children to various genres and styles of music
Program Development and Implementation
2. Develop, implement and administer music lesson plans for children of various ages and talent levels, exposing members to various genres of music.
3. Teach children how to play various instruments and read music.
4. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
5. Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
6. Ensure instruction on appropriate and acceptable lyrics and forms of expression within the Club environment.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be crossed trained to in Gamesroom, Technology, Education, Arts & Crafts, Character and Leadership Development, and Physical Education.
3. May be asked to facilitate BGCA National programs, such as SMART curriculum and other curriculums.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• High School Diploma or GED. Associate's or advanced degree preferred.
• Ability to read and write music preferred.
• Experience with organizing and managing performing groups preferred.
• One year of hands-on experience with various musical instruments and familiarity with music software.
• One year minimum experience volunteering or working with children preferred.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds.
Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
How to apply: Qualified candidates can send their resume to https://bgccf.hirecentric.com/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org Job Posting