Magnetics Design Engineer Longwood, FL
Exxelia is a leading designer and manufacturer of high reliability passive components and precision subsystems focusing on highly demanding markets, applications and functions. Exxelia product portfolio includes wide ranges of capacitors, magnetic devices, resistors, filters, position sensors, slip rings and high-precision mechanical parts. Products are commonly used for power electronics, power generation, energy storage, and signal filtering functions in numerous leading industrial areas such as aviation, defense, space, medical, railway, oil & gas and telecommunications. Exxelia is valued for its ability to meet complex specifications and develop standard and custom products complying with the most demanding qualifications (MIL, ESA)
MISSION The Magnetics Design Engineer is a member of a cross functional team that develops new products for demanding aerospace and high complexity applications. Engineering work environment involves team based collaboration with several diverse projects in process at any particular time. Project development cycles range from a few weeks to several months depending on the product type and scope of project. Team member’s roles are defined uniquely for each project with experienced engineers sometimes assuming role of Project Lead based on engineer's interests and capabilities.
Your Role: Develop new inductor and transformer designs that will include :
• Manufacturing instructions
• Test procedures
• Risk analysis
• Compliance Matrix
• Provide other engineering expertise and support to drive rapid development of new technologies, new products and successful new production launch.
• Support Engineering Tiger Team in rapid development of prototypes, performance validation testing including AS9102 First Article Inspection Reports and Agency qualifications as needed.
• Monitor assigned projects and remedy delays and roadblocks to assure timely completion.
• Perform other engineering support and troubleshooting to remedy operational roadblocks and complete other actions as designated.
• Collaborate with suppliers of specialty components and services.
• Communicate with customers concerning technical requirements of new product designs.
• Strong technical foundation is necessary in; • Circuit components including inductors, resistors, capacitors, and transformers • Circuit analysis methods • Electrical instruments including DMM, DSO, power meters, network analyzers, programmable automatic test fixtures • Basic Physics (Electromagnetic Theory) • Effective hands on methods to identify root cause and implement corrective action • MS Excel, SolidWorks, Spice, MathCad, or other equivalent software • Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering as a minimum • Strong organizational, leadership and negotiation skills with suppliers and colleagues – in US and abroad • Strong passion and ability to learn and grow in a fast paced environment leveraging critical thinking • Experience in design and development of inductors, transformers, and other magnetic components including related electro-mechanical assembly processes (soldering, lead assembly, core assembly and encapsulation) are highly desired • Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for access to export controlled data.
Important Notes • Position is full time at Exxelia site located in Longwood FL. • Salary will be commensurate with experience. • Exxelia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
APPLY: The job location is 1221 North US Highway 17-92, Longwood, Fl 32750 • USA. Qualified candidates should send your CV + Cover letter to: with the job title listed in the subject line – mention CFEC.org job posting.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.