Support Center Captioning Assistant
Primarily responsible for providing quick and accurate captions for telephone conversations of Captioned Telephone clients using voice recognition applications...
CapTel Service Specialists, LLC. is a communications center that provides life-changing captioning services over the telephone for those who experience hearing loss. Our company is a telecommunications service necessary for public health and safety, and is designated as a TSP Level 3 facility. This is the same level that is given to state and local police and fire departments. CSS has an urgent need for full-time and part-time Captioning Assistants who are able to work first or second shift at our location in Orlando, FL (requires work on-site). Work from home opportunities possible 90 days after training. Help us make a difference and apply TODAY!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Multitask (hear audio, voice what was heard, proof-read developing captions - all simultaneously).
- Utilize a keyboard by typing proper corrections and other words as necessary.
- Maintain the CapTel Call Center's quality standards for accuracy and speed.
- Monitor technical issues on calls and report to appropriate staff.
- Attend job-appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Sign and abide by the CapTel Call Center's Oath of Confidentiality, even after employment is terminated.
- Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned by administration.
- Reporting to this Position: No direct reports.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent reading skills.
- Strong voicing skills/voice quality - ability to speak quickly with clear enunciation.
- Excellent spelling/vocabulary.
- Good typing skills (at least 35 words per minute with a low error rate).
- Strong memory-recall ability.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail.
- Calm/relaxed demeanor.
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, hear, and talk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Sign-Off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital/veteran/student status, physical appearance, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religion, genetic information, gender identity, a less than honorable discharge from the military, etc. and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulations.
Paid Time Off
Casual Work Environment
FORMALLY APPLY NOW: visit https://tinyurl.com/CaptelAPPLYNOW scroll to bottom of page - mention referred by cfec.org job posting, when applying.
Any questions? Contact us at https://captelspecialists.com/careers/, 2602 Challenger Tech Court, Suite 190, Orlando, FL 32826, Phone: 855-476-1122, or .
Any questions? Contact us at: CapTel Service Specialists, LLC., 2602 Challenger Tech Court, Suite 190, Orlando, FL 32826, Phone: 855-476-1122,
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.