Sandcastle Homecare – Caregiver
The Caregiver is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of the Office Manager, and Administrator, performs many personal care services essential to meet the client’s needs.
The Caregiver is responsible for observing clients and their response to care, and documenting/reporting these observations.
The Caregiver will also maintain a working, communicative relationship with the supervisor to ensure that Sandcastle is providing quality care, and its effects on the client are beneficial.
Locations: “Maitland (servicing the Orlando Metro Area/Osceola County)”
• Provides client care as directed by the assigned supervisor.
• Provides personal care, if necessary (e.g. bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing/undressing.)
• Assists with toileting activities. • Assists in feeding (or feeds clients who are unable to feed themselves.)
• Provides help with walking and transferring.
• Assists client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder.)
• Measures and records physiological characteristics (e.g. temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height, weight.)
• Actively encourages movement which supports in preventing skin breakdown, or turns/repositions clients who are unable to move themselves.
• Reports to assigned supervisor any observable changes in a client’s physical, mental and/or emotional conditions.
• Performs general care if necessary (e.g. light housekeeping, meal preparation, meal clean up, wash, change and make bed linens.)
• Follows principles of infection control and Universal Precautions. • Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
• Ensures client’s rights are adhered to, these include but are not limited to:
The right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided: The right to accept or refuse care, The right to confidentiality of their information
• Responds rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
• Uses equipment properly and in a safe manner.
• Recognizes the client’s needs in an empathetic, caring way.
• Adheres to Time and Attendance guidelines and follows the work schedule as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Valid Driver’s License and Automobile as required by State and Company policies.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English.
• Ability to treat clients, staff, and the public in a courteous, respectful manner and present a positive public image.
• Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information (HIPAA.) • Must have all the following
Alzheimer’s, HIV, CPR, Assist with Self-Medication
• Ability to pass a Level II Background check.
To apply: Send your letter of interest and resume to with the job title in the SUBJECT line – mention CFEC.org job posting when applying.