Community Shop Store Manager
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Mustard Seed is a great and rewarding place to work. Here are the positions currently available.
Department: Thrift Store
Reports to: CEO and Director of Operations
Position Status (FT/PT): FT
The mission of The Mustard Seed of Central Florida is to help rebuild the lives of families who have suffered disaster or personal tragedy by providing household furnishings and clothing while being environmentally responsible to our community.
The Mustard Seed’s vision is that the provision of basic household furniture may set the stage for individuals to achieve restored dignity and self-esteem, enabling them to move ahead and take control of their futures.
The Store Manager’s main purpose is to lead this new retail experience with a thorough understanding of retail business operations.
· Responsible for managing the daily activities in the store
· Responsible for financial forecasting and risks analysis.
· Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets, and financial statements for the store
· Ensure that the store operates within stipulated budget.
· Manage administrative duties assigned by the human resources and admin manager in an effective and timely manner
· Ensure that proper records of goods are kept, and the racks and warehouse does not run out of products
· Manage external research and coordinate all the internal sources of information to retail the stores best customers and attract new ones
· Identify, prioritize, and reach out to new partners, and business opportunities
· Develop, execute and evaluate new plans for expanding increase sales
· Represent the company in strategic meetings
· Model demographic information and analyze the volume of transactional data generated by customer purchases
· Organize and place items strategically on the floor to ensure customer shopping ease and satisfaction, while delivering excellent customer service.
· Ensure that the store facility is in tip top shape and goods are properly arranged and easy to locate
· Interface with TMS staff at home facility
· Control goods distribution and supply inventory
· Supervise the workforce in the thrift store.
To be successful as a Community Shop Team You’ll also need the following skills:
· Strong communication.
· Good listening.
· Problem-solving abilities.
· Leadership, strategic and operational abilities.
· Strong math and analytical skills.
· Strong customer service.
· Ability to motivate, train and develop others.
· Ability to be patient and cheerful.
Day-to-day activities at The Mustard Seed of Central Florida
You’ll be responsible for the daily operations of a retail store, including managing inventory, merchandising, sales, and customer service. Your main job is to make sure sales goals are met, the staff is well-managed, the store operates successfully, and customer needs are met.
Here’s a closer look at the day-to-day activities
· Open & close the store
· Hire, manage, train, and motivate staff members.
· Manage employee schedules.
· Set sales goals for the store, forecast future sales volumes, and meet sales quotas.
· Develop and execute promotions.
· Sort products from donors, vendors and suppliers
· Negotiate bulk price.
· Analyze and coordinate inventory.
· Create and maintain attractive and accurate store displays.
· Organize and oversee product brand line reviews.
· Reprice merchandise and recommend markdowns when necessary.
· Work with and report to senior management to create and maintain store budgets to maximize revenue and profits.
· Control receipts and prepare daily or weekly sales and inventory reports.
· Communicate sales trends.
· Attend to customers by greeting them with a smile and assisting them.
· Manage questions, complaints, and comments from customers.
· Random security checks to ensure receipt of purchases.
· Customers may be clients, staff, volunteers, bulk buyers or shoppers.
The primary qualifications for the position of Shop Associate are:
● A strong and unwavering commitment to ethical business practices, including honesty and integrity.
● Must have a pleasant and upbeat demeanor, both on the phone and in person, with excellent communication skills.
● Superior interpersonal skills, especially in relating to staff, volunteers, clients and donors of different backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations and abilities
● Must have be a self-motivator while working for and with the team.
● Must submit to drug and background employment screening tests.
· 2-4 years’ experience in retail management and customer service is preferred.
· Bilingual a plus
· $40,000/year with bonus potential
· 2- or 4-year degree preferred
· While performing the duties of this Job, the Shop Associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear, lift 35 lbs. push and pull.
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Mustard Seed of Central Florida is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send a resume to: Alexandra Jones