Reports to: Transportation Manager and Director of Operations & Client Engagement
Position Status (FT/PT): Full-time.
The mission of The Mustard Seed of Central Florida is to help rebuild the lives of families who have suffered disaster or personal tragedy by providing household furnishings and clothing while being environmentally responsible to our community.
The Mustard Seed’s vision is that the provision of basic household furniture may set the stage for individuals to achieve restored dignity and self-esteem, enabling them to move ahead and take control of their futures.
Under the direction of The Mustard Seed of Central Florida, Inc. (TMS) management, the Driver and Furniture Mover is responsible for exercising the proper use and extraordinary care of TMS vehicles and other equipment. In addition, the Driver is charged with the responsibility of representing TMS in a professional manner to members of the community, and with encouraging in-kind donors to make a financial gift at the time of donation pick-up. Drivers, therefore, are held accountable for proper cash handling.
The Drivers will work in teams of two alongside furniture movers under the supervision of TMS Management to provide TMS donors with donation pickup and TMS Furniture Program clients with delivery services including, but not limited to, the following:
· Must demonstrate a pleasant and professional demeanor and appearance in accordance with TMS policy at all times.
· Responsible for the quick, efficient, and safe movement of all donations from the place of pickup, for both residential and commercial donors, to the trucks, into the warehouse and organized appropriately.
· Inventory all items as they are picked up on the daily route.
· Responsibly collect and track client cash donations at furniture pickup. Ensure that all donors receive a receipt. Must promptly turn in all money and tracking paperwork to TMS management at the end of the day.
· Must responsibly handle and carry the gas card, spending only on TMS purchases approved in advance by TMS management.
· Responsible for following route map directions provided by TMS management in the most efficient route possible as good stewards of gifts to TMS from the community. Responsible for ensuring the route directions are clear prior to leaving warehouse.
· Effectively and appropriately supervise all community service workers and volunteers assigned to the route as Furniture Mover Helpers.
· Perform warehouse duties when not on a pick-up or delivery.
· Supporting TMS management in all special projects as they arise.
· Other duties as assigned by TMS Management.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Must submit to drug and background employment screening tests. Due to nature
of work this person must be able to enter a residence and interact with clients without legal restraints.
· A strong and unwavering commitment to ethical business practices, including honesty and integrity.
· Superior interpersonal skills, especially in relating to clients and donors of different backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations and abilities.
· Must have valid U.S. Driver’s License and maintain a good driving record in accordance with TMS policy.
· Forklift certification not required, but such skills are preferred.
· Must have a GED, high school diploma, or equivalent job experience.
· Efficient, strong, hard-working and able to multi-task. Must be able to lift up to 50-100 lbs. on a daily basis without any special compromises. May be required to carry heavy merchandise upstairs.
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Mustard Seed of Central Florida is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Please send a resume to: Alexandra Jones
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to with the job title listed in the subject line - mention CFEC.org job posting.