Preschool Director for Community United Methodist Church
Community United Methodist Church is seeking a Preschool Director to lead and care for our preschoolers. We are looking for a team player who loves Jesus, children, and their families. We are looking for someone who is passionate about leading preschoolers in learning about God’s grace and care, and working alongside their parents and with the other church staff.
- Cast the vision for, organize, and run Preschool Ministry, including but not limited to: Organize, plan, and work together with the director of Children and Family ministries on additional events and activities.
- Create and maintain a safe and fun environment for children to play, learn and grow.
Work with teachers to prepare curriculum and content.
- Communicate regularly and consistently with parents, families, and staff through email, social media, and website content, and other online avenues as instructed.
- Recruit, train, empower, schedule and lead staff.
Ensure all Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) and Early Learning Coalition (VPK) requirements are met or exceeded.
- Work together with other Community UMC departments, especially Children and Family Ministries to ensure a child’s discipleship is consistent throughout their growth and development.
- Purchase and maintain an inventory of equipment, supplies, curriculum materials and snacks.
- Organize and execute advertising, marketing, social media, public relations-act as a liaison between parents, church, and community.
- Strong leader with a vision for the future for preschool ministry
- Experience teaching preschool-aged children according to their unique developmental stages and abilities
- Passion for taking care of children and for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a way that makes sense to them
- Christ-like leadership skills
- Able to help create and work within a budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience working with electronic and social media communication platforms such as
- Facebook, Instagram, Gmail, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Desire to work on and be a part of a church staff
- Approximate Hours Per Week: 35-40; includes some special events around holidays and graduation programs
Applicant must have a Florida Child Care Director’s license with a VPK endorsement consistent with section 1002.55(3) (g), F.S. and meets the requirements of 6M-8.610, F.A.C. from the state of Florida. Applicant must pass a Level 2 “40 hours” training within the first year of employment. Applicant must pass a Level 2 background screening as required by the state of Florida, lift up to 40 pounds and navigate classroom and playground, including being at the children’s level at times. Applicant must have a B.A. or B.S. degree with experience in education. First aid/CPR certification preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27,000.00 - $30,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
To formally apply for this job visit https://tinyurl.com/Preschool-Director - mention CFEC.org job posting, when applying (CFEC is a division of Christian HELP Employment and Resource Center).
- mention CFEC.org job posting, when applying (CFEC is a division of Christian HELP Employment and Resource Center).
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.