Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
This position assists the Vice President of Human Resources with the day to day function of employee administrative management.
This includes employee recruitment, screening, onboarding, payroll; administering benefits; resolving employee relations issues, counseling staff and advising managers and supervisors; interpreting human resources policies and laws; and training. Assists with monitoring of the full range of employee programs throughout the organization and ensures uniformity of services in all locations. The position will focus on on-boarding, benefits administration, payroll, recruitment, 401(k), worker's compensation and other programs.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Maintains master files on all employees ensuring completeness of information and file security.
• Researches Human Resources related topics as assigned
• Liaise with Hiring managers to determine success of recruitment process and to recommend adjustments as necessary.
• Administer and track FMLA and ADA documents
• Ensures that After school zone staff is in compliance with Orange County Public Schools vendor badge requirements
• Communicates with staff regarding Human Resources topics such as benefits, recruiting, and training.
• Adept at Human Resources Information Systems and technology.
• Monitors and updates website contains appropriate recruiting and other employee information. Ensures recruiting websites contain appropriate information.
• Adept at applicant tracking systems and recruitment outreach. Conduct reference checks on potential new employees.
• Conducts employee orientation meetings and assists new employees with completing paperwork.
• Initiates background checks and drug testing on prospective employees and tracks results.
• Enters information as requested into HRIS database. Prepares reports as necessary. Prepares specialty reports in ADP and other systems.
• Prepares payroll for finance department. May assist with preparing reports such as retirement plan documents, BGCA Annual Report, benefit payment reconciliation and others as necessary.
• Assists in administering benefits programs including health benefits and retirement plan benefits.
• May arrange special meetings or employee events with HR Team.
• Maintains organizational charts and assists finance with special departmental coding assignments
• Participate with HR annual goal setting and special projects.
• Perform other related clerical duties as requested, such as filing or file retrieval.
• May be required to answer telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
• May be assigned other duties as required to ensure HR Department duties are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues and receive instructions. Maintains relationships with employees at all levels to ensure high level customer service is given to all.
External: Maintains contact with general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
• BA required in business or Human Resources or related field
• 1-3 years' experience in a variety of Human Resources functions.
• 1-3 years employee relations experience
• PHR strongly preferred
• Experience with Employee Benefits Administration
• Strong understanding of FMLA, ACA, ADA, FLSA, HIPAA, COBRA, and Worker's Comp.
• Proficiency in use of common computer software; word processing, databases, spread sheets and HRIS systems (ADP)
• Excellent follow through and employee customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive work environment
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism
• Ability to work well in a small HR team environment
• Experience in the field of non-profit is strongly desirable
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Work environment: Normal office environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Orlando, FL, USA
Full Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, FSA, 401K, etc.
TO APPLY: Visit https://bgccf.hirecentric.com/jobs/198103.html - mention CFEC when applying.