Janitorial Cleaning Employee for Asbury United Methodist Church
ASBURY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH IS CURRENTLY HIRING FOR A POSITION IN FACILITIES MAINTENANCE (25-29 hours/week, hourly pay)
Maitland, FL - This a part time position, 25 – 30 hours per week, and pay will be based on experience but will probably start around $13 or $14 per hour.
For anyone interested, I would like a resume and a cover letter. References will be required as will a background check (at our expense).
This part-time position is to work with the Superintendent of Building and Grounds to maintain the overall cleanliness of the church.
To Whom Responsible: The Superintendent of Buildings/Grounds, Church Administrator and the Senior Pastor
1. Check all restrooms daily and clean as needed.
2. Clean Children’s Wing daily. Coordinate with the Preschool Director for specific daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning requirements.
3. Clean offices weekly: dust, vacuum, clean glass on doors.
4. Empty all waste baskets.
5. Vacuum all carpeted areas weekly.
6. Mop floors in bathrooms, kitchens, choir rooms, and fellowship hall weekly.
7. Keep all sinks and counter tops clean; clean walls, moldings, door knobs, etc. as needed.
8. Dust all window sills and pictures; clean glass walls and windows as needed
9. Dust all Parlor furniture.
10. Clean outside and inside of major appliances in the kitchens as needed.
11. Clean ovens as needed.
12. Sweep or blow debris from all sidewalk and patio areas as needed.
13. Sanitize and clean all surfaces in each room after the room is used per COVID-19 protocols.\
14. As scheduled by the front office, run UV-C lights in each room after the room is used.
15. Periodically, as scheduled by the Building Superintendent, assist in stripping and waxing tile floors.
16. Assist the Building Superintendent in setting up rooms for scheduled meetings.
17. Outside and inside web/wasp nest control, grounds trash pick-up, and clean around the dumpster.
18. Perform other duties as directed.
19. Be available to fill in for Building Superintendent one Sunday per quarter.
Part time, afternoon and evening hours, typically 3 PM to 9 PM, 28 hours/week
Must have prior experience in commercial cleaning and janitorial services and be familiar with the various products and chemicals to be used. We are a United Methodist Church with a Preschool and will expect exceptional service in keeping our facility clean and sanitary.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Cleaning the preschool daily and coordinate with the Director for any special needs
• Daily: clean and restock restroom, empty wastebaskets, sweep or blow debris from courtyard and sidewalks; respond to ‘Housekeeping Request” forms.
• Weekly: clean offices, vacuum carpets (and as needed), mop tile floors, dust/clean window sills, windows, and glass walls, dust furniture
• As needed; Assist in stripping and waxing tile floors, clean all surfaces including sinks, counter tops, walls, moldings, door knobs, etc., outside and inside web/wasp nest control, grounds trash pick-up, clean around the dumpster, clean kitchen appliances (inside and outside)
• Coordinate with the Building Superintendent for other duties, including setting up or resetting rooms for meetings or events.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and a cover letter () to let us know why you’re the perfect fit. Place this job title in the SUBJECT line and mention CFEC Job Posting when applying. References will be required as will a background check (at our expense).
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.