Responsible for accurate preparation, documentation, distribution, and reconciliation of payroll and the administration of the payroll system. Reviews the computation of pay and associated deductions for accuracy. Maintains current knowledge of city, state, local, and federal legislation affecting payroll. Prepares required tax filings and other reporting. Responds to and resolves any inquiries regarding paychecks or payroll reporting. Initially, this position is responsible for coordinating with an outside payroll service provider, but the Company will be discontinuing the outside payroll service and bringing the entire payroll process in-house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares and processes semi-monthly, multi-state payroll.
2. Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets.
3. Coordinate efforts between payroll and human resources to ensure proper maintenance of employee data.
4. Prepare and submit required tax filings.
5. Prepare and submit semi-monthly retirement plan contributions.
6. Ensure compliance with garnishment requirements.
7. Verify employee changes are entered correctly and in a timely manner.
8. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
9. Process and issue W-2 forms to employees.
10. Perform periodic internal reconciliations to ensure accuracy of payroll records.
11. Support external audits of workers comp, retirement plans, and financial statements.
At least four years performing all functions related to a multi-state payroll.
Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
Knowledge of general accounting concepts.
Deltek CostPoint experience is a plus.
TO APPLY: Qualified job candidates can apply for this job or like openings at https://proactivetechinc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll - mention CFEC.org job posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.