Underground Utility Supervisor – Multiple Positions in Florida Available.
The Underground (UG) Power Utility Supervisor focuses on the safe and efficient operation of multiple underground power crews.
The supervisor is responsible for:
• Scheduling—often under tight deadlines and in difficult technical and other site-related circumstances, such as inclement weather.
• Work crews of three to six members who are responsible with the operation of line trucks and bucket trucks.
• Crews that perform locate, troubleshooting, secondary power disconnects and reconnects.
• New replacement of secondary power installs, transformer installs and repairs, and line fault repair functions under hot power conditions.
Prefer for the UG power utility Supervisor to be a fully qualified Line worker, but not required. Training will be provided as needed.
• The UG Supervisor conducts thorough pre-job briefs and assures that safe working practices are always followed, and that safety is never compromised.
• Expert in safe work practices and constantly coaches and trains crew members on safe working practices.
• Directs and assigns work and is expected to work alongside crew members to reflect the behavior expectations of all employees.
• Prioritizes work, reads and follows work schedules, organizes material lists and guidelines, and applies the necessary time lines.
• Conducts regular tailgate safety meetings to discuss technical issues, provide ongoing safety guidance, and to update crews on company initiatives.
As a leader, the incumbent fulfills all regular and advanced installation/construction leadership duties, including project scheduling and layout, and completes the required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Organizes, leads and trains employees to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames.
• Enforces all company safety policies and procedures; enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including discipline and documentation; and, submits accurate' to payroll by deadline.
• The UG supervisor serves as the primary interface with vendors, customers, the public and site regulatory agencies. The incumbent is always expected to present a professional image and communication style.
Ability to accurately verify locates required. Ability to read utility and construction blueprints required.
• Two to five years leadership experience of skilled technicians required, preferably in the UG construction or maintenance industry.
• Class E driver license with a clean driving record required.
UG or OH lineman experience desired.
Due to the rigid, demanding nature of time-to-repair requirements, the UG supervisor must have expert scheduling knowledge and ability in underground power utilities.
• Strong leadership qualities, employee development characteristics and excellent customer interface abilities are a must.
• Basic MS Office Suite skills required.
Apply online https://www.fandhcontractors.com/careers -Mention cfec.org job postings.