After-School Troop Leader
Under the direct supervision of the Discover After School Adventure Director, the After-School Troop Leader’s role exists to support the After-School Program. The After-School Troop Leader is responsible for helping to maintain a safe and clean site, ensuring a high level of quality programming, and working to establish and build strong relationships.
The After-School Troop Leader will exhibit positive role model qualities in all aspects of their interactions and will continually maintain and be an example of Discover After School’s mission and core values. Duties and Responsibilities: · Provide excellent service to all students, families, co-workers, and school administration · Meet the physical, emotional and educational needs of the children in their care.
· Work in a team environment, build and maintain healthy, cooperative relationships
· Communicate positively and effectively with the Site Director
· Adhere to all policies and procedures both organizationally and departmentally
· Model positive behavior and educate children in a manner which contributes to mature and responsible behavior
· Complete all Discover After School and governmentally required training in the required time- frame
· Implement the curriculum and schedule provided on a daily basis and provide feedback to such on a weekly basis.
· Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Ability to connect with children · Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
· Satisfactory Criminal Background Screening
· Satisfactory Drug Screening
· High School Diploma
· Willingness to learn
· Highly motivated, enthusiastic, patient, responsible, and committed to assisting the program to achieve its highest level of performance and impact.
· First Aid, CPR, and AED certified can be provided by Discover After School
· 45 Hours of DCF Child Care Training
· Ability to communicate at a high level to both children and administration
· Ability to problem solve and critically think through daily situations
· Be accepting of ALL children, parents, and staff without regard to race, creed, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, or sexual orientation
· Wear appropriate staff uniform as assigned
· Report to all scheduled shifts on time
· Attend all meetings pertinent to this position
· Maintain and support all procedures that ensure the safety of children, parents, and staff
· Oversee and participate in the cleaning and maintaining of facilities, equipment, and all areas used
· Follow all scheduled activities
· Be knowledgeable and adhere to all policies and procedures
· Perform additional tasks as needed or requested
· Communicate any concerns to the Site Director Monday - Friday Morning Care - 6:45AM - 9:00AM After Care - 2:00PM - 6:00PM
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to with the job title in the subject line - mention CFEC job posting when applying.