Human Resource Associate
This position assists the Human Resources Department with the day to day employee administrative operations. The duties for this position are employee recruitment, screening, onboarding, benefits and employee relations issues. The knowledge of human resources local, state and Federal laws are necessary. The ability to deliver dynamic New Hire Orientation and training. Oversees employee company programs and ensures standardization of processes for each location.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Communicate with Hiring managers to determine success of the recruitment process and to make recommendations.
- Provide COVID-19 safety administration and HR support.
- Ensures recruiting websites contain appropriate employee postings.
- Be creative in the recruitment process and attend local job fairs
- Initiate background checks, conduct reference checks, drug testing and track results on prospective employees.
- Proficient with technology such at HRIS systems (ADP preferred) and Microsoft Office. Prepare reports in ADP and other systems as needed.
- Enter all new hires HRIS database.
- Deliver New Hire employee orientation and assist new employees with the completion of paperwork (I9, W-4, acknowledgements, etc.).
- Assist in administering benefits programs including health benefits and retirement plan benefits.
- Assist in managing the Open Enrollment from an administrative support standpoint.
- Communicate with staff as needed regarding Human Resources topics such as benefits, recruiting, and training.
- Assist with preparing reports such as retirement plan documents, annual reports, benefit payment reconciliation and others as necessary.
- Administer and track FMLA and ADA documents. Must have thorough knowledge of process
- Responsible for all vendor badge requirements at each location.
- May arrange special meetings or employee events.
- Maintain and update organizational chart.
- Assist finance with special departmental coding assignments and projects as needed related to HR
- Research Human Resources topics as assigned.
- Maintain employee files on each employee with correct documentation, completeness and hold all files securely and confidentially.
- Participate with HR for annual goal setting and special projects.
- Perform clerical duties as needed, such as filing or file retrieval.
- Answer telephones providing general information, refer callers to staff or take messages.
- Maybe assigned other duties as required to ensure HR Department duties are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
Maintains close internal daily contact with supervisor and Human Resources co-workers. Necessary to receive and provide information, discuss concerns, feedback and receive instructions. The ability to build relationships with employees at all levels. Must be able to deliver superior customer service at each touchpoint. Interacts with the public to answer inquiries.
- BA required in business or Human Resources or related field. (Masters is a bonus but not required)
- 1-3 years' experience in a variety of Human Resources functions.
- SHRM-CP or PHR strongly preferred
- Experience with benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA & 401K).
- Strong understanding of FMLA, ACA, ADA, FLSA, HIPAA, COBRA, and Worker's Compensations (NOI).
- Proficient using computers, HRIS software (ADP) and Microsoft Office.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Excellent follow through, sense of urgency and Human Resources customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and interactive work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Experience in working for a not for profit organization is strongly desirable.
The ability to clearly communicate concisely exchange ideas, facts and technical information with others. Must be able to stand for 15-20 minutes at a time and walk as necessary. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Normal office environment.
The information only represents the general scope of work required in this classification. This is not a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities and objectives required for this position.