Operations Specialist – Account Processing - Longwood FL
Active - Regular full-time
Longwood Headquarters, Longwood, FL, US
Requisition ID: 2157
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Operations Specialist – Account Processing
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: NE08
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Operations Specialist ensures quality maintenance of Bank systems and timely and accurate processing of assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
· Reviews all documentation from branches to ensure all required information is obtained.
· Processes the account opening for all deposit accounts (checking, savings, CD, IRA, and Safe Deposit).
· Processes all deposit account maintenance including address changes, title changes, removing/additions of owners on accounts, product/code updates, etc.
· Second person verification is completed on all account openings and maintenance.
· Processes CD renewals, updates interest, and completes interest adjustments if needed.
· Generates and sends address change notifications to customers.
· Posts transactions to deposit accounts on Core System.
· Reviews return mail, updates system, and sends notifications to branches.
· Proper filing required daily for file retention.
· High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work to time sensitive deadlines.
· Ability to work well independently and in groups.
· Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs; Excel and Word.
· A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full-time position. Office hours Monday – Friday 10:00am – 6:30pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace; bilingual skills a plus. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, including but not limited to company policies and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is largely sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone.
Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office / retail environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Trustco Bank is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Trustco Bank to take affirmative action in affording equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion or promotion
Recruitment, advertising or solicitation for employment
Treatment during employment
Rates of pay or other forms of compensation
Selection for training, including apprenticeship
Layoff or termination
It is the policy of Trustco Bank to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should send their resumes to with the job title listed in the subject line - mention CFEC.org job board posting, when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.