Sr. Line Cook (Full-Service Restaurant) ~ $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
What’s on the menu? How about some tasty careers with a world leader in the fun and entertainment business? SeaWorld Orlando is serving up satisfying Line Cook positions. Join us and start dishing up a delicious experience!
Now Offering a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
As a Line Cook in a full-service restaurant, banquet or buffet setting, you’ll prepare high quality food that meets SeaWorld standards by following menu specifications. You will follow all safety and HACCP guidelines, use proper protective gear, and test food temperatures.
- Follow all safety and HACCP guidelines including documenting temperatures, and use proper protective gear as required
- Prepare and run assigned station in full-service restaurant, banquet or buffet setting (Pantry, Sauté I & II, Fryer, Broiler/Grill, Appetizers)
- Follow prep sheet, prepare, and plate cold items to order; cook, grill, fry or sauté and plate hot entrees to order
- Butcher chicken and steaks to menu specifications
- Interact with team members and guests by greeting and providing excellent service
- Keep all assigned areas clean and sanitary, including emptying trash, sweeping, detail cleaning, scrubbing grills and sanitizing equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
What it takes to succeed:
- 6 months to 1 year cook experience minimum, in kitchen production in a high-volume restaurant
- At least 18 years of age
- Comfortable and able to work with all food types, including food allergens in any dining facility
- Cooking experience in a restaurant or as a SeaWorld Line Cook.
- Advanced knife skills
- Knowledgeable in the following areas: HACCP guidelines, proper cooking temperatures, mother sauces, various cooking techniques (sauté, grill, fry, bake, etc.) and kitchen equipment (slicer, mixer, grill, oven, fryer, salamander, eight eye stove, wood-fire oven, tilt skillet, flat top grill, steamer)
- Able to communicate effectively with ambassadors, guests, and leadership
- Complete and successfully pass required SafeStaff training
- Able to complete provided RCS Responsible Vendor Training (alcohol)
- Able to train on and properly use protective gear
- Able to train on and properly use kitchen tools and machinery
- Able to stand for entire shift, up to 8 hours
- Able to lift and carry up to 55 pounds
- Able to push/pull up to 55 pounds
- Able to move freely around work areas
- Comfortable working around dust/fumes/odor
- Comfortable with exposure to noise and vibrations
- Able to bend, reach, grasp, twist, and turn with complete flexibility
- Comfortable with completing all cleaning duties, including use of cleaning chemicals
- Able to work indoors/outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience in a fine dining full-service restaurant preferred
- Knowledge of additional cooking techniques, e.g. poaching preferred
- Previous guest service experience preferred
- Possession of a valid state driver's license preferred