Director of Nursing (RN) $7,500 Sign-on Bonus!
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus!
FERN PARK DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER is currently hiring Director of Nursing to lead the facility nursing staff in providing for the needs of our intellectually disabled individuals living in a home-like setting in the Fern Park, FL campus.
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Responsible for all health-related services according to the policies and procedures of and within the standards of the individual state Nurse Practice Act (or equivalent), ICF/MR and individual state standards.
II. RESPONSIBLE TO: Administrator
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: RN, LPN
1.Develops and plans systems for all health care related procedures to maintain optimal health care for individuals to remain in compliance with ICF/MR guidelines.
2. Provides leadership and supervision to all levels of assigned staff, to actively monitor the quality of nursing services to individuals.
3. Keeps actively involved in the day-to-day operation of the department to be aware of potential problem areas and to plan courses of corrective action.
4. Maintains an adequate staffing level at all times to ensure safety and quality nursing services to individuals in compliance with ICF/MR guidelines.
5. Participates in admission/discharge committee (planning and evaluation) for individuals.
6. Participates in development of the Individual Program Plan for all individuals.
7. Coordinates and schedules all required assessments identified in Physical Health section of policy manual.
8. Ensures ongoing health care maintenance of individuals to include scheduled doctor's visits and services screened for all health-related areas.
9. Establishes and collects data to chair Infection Control Committee, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, 30/60 Day Drug Diet Review, and 30-Day Psychotropic Drug Review Committee.
10. Maintains current accurate relevant manual/plan for health care procedures, pharmacy, Infection control, and all health care policies.
11. Ensures staff performance reviews are done in a fair and timely manner and accurately reflect areas where additional training is needed to facilitate quality care for individuals and employee career advancement.
12. Takes appropriate progressive disciplinary action with employees as the situation dictates, to consistently and fairly identify problems and causes of action.
13. Acts as role model by maintaining & demonstrating professional in-service competencies. Actively promotes and contributes to employee in-service training to facilitate delivery of exceptional programs and employee involvement.
14. Schedules and teaches or delegates to other Health Services staff, training in CPR/Heimlich Maneuver, Signs and symptoms of illness, Seizures and Infection Control/communicable diseases and medication side effects.
15. Develops and ensures monitoring of individuals' personal hygiene, self-administration of medication, health related programs and sex education training.
16. Provides nursing assessment for staff injuries in the role of a "First Responder" as outlined in the Employee Injury Policy
17. Ensures supplies and equipment are available to provide nursing care for individuals.
18. Operates the department within established budgetary guidelines.
19. Ensures implementation of internal nursing service quality assurance system.
20. Provides employee health services which includes employment physical assessments, employee illnesses and injury assessment.
21. Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures.
22. Reports instances of abuse in accordance with specified guidelines in the abuse policy.
23. Attends scheduled training and in-service sessions and demonstrates learned competencies.
24. Shares on-call status with Clinical Care Coordinator.
25. Assists in internal investigation of unusual incidents as assigned.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current and valid RN license to practice nursing in the state of Florida. Two years previous supervisory experience is required along with several years experience working in with developmentally disabled clients preferred.
A Valid State driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the past 3 years.
Must pass a substance abuse test as a condition of employment and remain drug free
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Experience: supervisory: 2 years (Required)
License/Certification: RN License (Required)
To apply: Send your resume to with the above job title listed in the subject line. Reference this CFEC Job Posting, when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.