Athletic Trainer/Medical Assistant Full Time
Assist Physician’s in Clinic with patient care activities. Complete administrative duties as required. Conducts initial assessment of injury or illness in order to provide necessary or continued care. Refer to physician for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Familiarity with what the physician requires/protocols for a productive clinic
- Review and maintain charts to ensure completeness/EMR guidelines w/reviewing clinicals.
- Escort patient from waiting area to triage area, ranging from those patients with full mobility to limited mobility. Constant monitoring of schedules and patient flow during clinic to ensure maximum efficiency/organization.
- Review initial vital signs evaluation to include any lab specimens.
- Remove staples, sutures, and assist with minor surgical procedures as needed
- Assist with placement, removal, and instruction of devices such as splints, immobilizers, braces, and bandages.
- Clean and sterilize equipment using approved techniques.
- Clean and stock exam rooms and change sheets on exam tables after each patient.
- Communicate restrictions and instructions to patients. Follow up calls to patients after surgery or other invasive procedure to document their progress
- Communication with outside facilities for scheduling tests or surgery to include having any necessary orders, pre-cert, or referral information ready.
- Completion of insurance, disability, and FMLA forms in a timely manner.
- Assist in administrative duties as required, to include but not limited to: collection of past due balances when scheduling surgery, check in/check out; scheduling appointments, procedures, and surgeries, pre-cert procedures, insurance verification, data entry, posting charges, and assisting secretaries.
- Care for injuries using physical therapy equipment and techniques.
- Evaluate readiness to return to daily activities, coordinate clearances when necessary and warranted.
- Responsible for School Sports Outreach. Covers local area sports as directed by physician.
- Assess and report progress to physician. Collaborate with physician in order to develop and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation program as needed.
Must be certified in good standing by the NATA. Currently licensed or eligible for state ATC License. Experience in the ATC field preferred, but previous experience is not required.
Must have undergraduate degree in athletic training / sports medicine from CAATE approved College or University. Master's degree in related field preferred, but not required.
Must have current First Aid, AED, BLS for Professional Rescuer / Healthcare Provider certification. Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Complete an application at https://hughston.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2360791&&#job
Complete an application at https://hughston.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=2360791&job
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.