Assistant Manager of Engineering
Additional Information Project Coordinator, Bonus Eligible
Job Number 23021862
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, 6000 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, Florida, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Maintains the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors.
Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in electrical and mechanical engineering, facilities maintenance, operations management, or related professional area.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Plumbing or other related major; 2 years' experience in electrical and mechanical engineering, facilities maintenance, operations management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Building Maintenance Operations
• Maintains the entire hotel facility and related equipment and overall cleanliness or the property.
• Maintains the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
• Verifies all maintenance work orders and repairs are completed in a timely and cost effective manner providing a favorable guest experience.
• Assists with the oversight of the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Assists with the development of a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and monitoring execution of plan.
• Manages scheduled maintenance, special projects and coordinates project bids, costs, and scope of work for contractors and subcontractors to verify renovations and special projects are performed at the highest quality for best cost.
• Performs property inspection to verifiy buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to verifiy guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Monitors tools and supply inventories and condition of those resources for maintenance and cleanliness initiatives throughout the property.
• Meets with vendors and suppliers regarding products and repair service.
• Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Assisting Aesthetic Engineering Team
• Supervises and assists engineering employees in their respective job responsibilities.
• Partners with local and corporate teams to verify all mechanical and technological interfaces are serviced and well maintained.
• Updates the Engineering team regarding the condition of facilities and equipment and offer cost-effective options and solutions.
• Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors.
Monitoring Policies and Procedures
• Develops, implements and evaluates maintenance policies (SSTs) and procedures.
• Performs routine inspections and verify that preventative maintenance programs are carried out and room inspections are consistent.
• Verifies that all Engineering team members are in compliance with Occupational, Safety, and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and safety precautions and that the facility is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and codes.
Maintaining Safety and Security
• Plays a lead role in the emergency response team.
• Coordinates and co-facilitates classes on safety and security.
• Verifies that all fire and safety inspections are complete and any discrepancies are corrected.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Appraises employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
To apply: Visit this https://careers.marriott.com/ and type in Gaylord Palms for your keyword search – reference this CFEC Job Posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.