Job Requisition Number 104439
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Type: CS FT
Department: Custodial & Janitorial Svc
Pay Benefits and Work Schedule
ATTENTION! TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST APPLY ON THE SEMINOLE STATE COLLEGE EMPLOYMENT SITE:
Beginning Annual Salary is $26,325 and may be commensurate with education and experience exceeding the minimum required qualifications.
In addition to a competitive salary Seminole State College offers an attractive total rewards package including: a variety of health insurance plan options, fully paid dental and life insurance coverage; great work-life balance with a 37.5 hour work week, paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days; 9 annual paid holidays; paid leave during winter break & spring break and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer (may not be applicable to all departments); tuition reimbursement, and professional development opportunities. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee’s selected plan.
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration all of the following documents must be attached to the application
Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged.
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
From the Seminole State College Home page, scroll to the bottom and click on Employment
Under For Job Seekers, click on Complete or Review an Existing Application
Select either Sign In with existing username and password or New User to create an account
Click on My Job Applications to view applied jobs, resumes and attachments
Click on the + symbol under My Cover Letters and Attachments to attach documents.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s preference. To claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application.
The Custodian performs custodial labor in cleaning, sanitizing, and maintaining College facilities.
1. Performs duties related to cleaning, sanitizing and general maintenance of classrooms, restrooms, and other College facilities in accordance with College standards. This includes, but is not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dust mopping, dusting, floor care and other related duties.
2. Cleans, and polish fixtures, windows, mirrors and other areas and equipment. Cleans chalkboards and whiteboards.
3. Provides exterior cleaning of windows, corridors, walkways, emptying outside trash, and sweeping. Monitors walkways and grounds to ensure they are free of trash, debris, clippings, etc.
4. Strips, waxes, and buffs floors.
5. Utilizes pressure washing equipment for cleaning as needed.
6. Cleans and extracts carpets and upholstery.
7. Provides custodial duties for special College events.
8. Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. Valid Florida driver’s license or obtain one within 30 days of hire, with acceptable driving record.
1. Experience in institutional facility custodial duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of custodial methods and procedures.
2. Ability to operate and care for equipment necessary to accomplish the required duties.
3. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English.
4. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
5. Ability to operate tools, equipment, and vehicles utilized in custodial duties.
6. Exhibits a professional, courteous demeanor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
1. Works both in an inside and outside environment with exposure to various weather conditions.
2. Handles hazardous materials and equipment; must wear protective gear as needed.
3. Requires the use of safety equipment glasses, gloves, shoes, etc.
4. Must be able to stand, walk, and bend for considerable periods of time.
5. Must be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs. unassisted and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
PHYSICAL ABILITY ASSESSMENT:
Per College Policy 1.020 and 2.020, and College Procedure 2.0350:
1. Final hire/appointment of a candidate offered employment in this position is contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a job-related physical ability assessment.
2. Current employees may be referred for a job-related physical ability assessment or reassessment upon their supervisor’s recommendation and subsequent approval by the Office of Human Resources, or upon the recommendation of the Office of Human Resources.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Conditions of Employment
Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.
How to Apply
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS:
You must first complete and submit the online application along with the resume, then;
While signed into your application profile, click on My Job Applications under My Cover Letters and Attachments;
Click on the + sign to attach documents such as unofficial transcripts, cover letter and/or letters of reference
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.
Seminole State College of Florida adheres to Florida’s Veteran’s Preference laws by providing preference in hiring to covered job applicants. Moreover, in recognition of the valuable contributions made by veterans, the College also considers any applicant’s military service background when filling job positions not covered by Veteran’s Preference laws.
To claim Veteran's Preference for eligible positions, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
HOLDERS OF DEGREES FROM INSTITUTIONS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
This evaluation must be submitted at the time of application. We recommend World Education Services at P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087, telephone (212) 966-6311 or email address www.wes.org. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
To apply please visit https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org job posting.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.