The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
1. Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
2. Basic knowledge of electric, plumbing, painting, wood working and cement work.
3. Ability to replace ceiling tile, light bulbs and HVAC filters.
4. Ability to work with hand and power tools such as drills, saws, and nail guns.
5. Knowledge of working with electricity.
6. Skilled with painting and perform miscellaneous facility maintenance.
7. Ability to respond to and handle assignments and instructions given by supervisor; work independently
with minimal supervision.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent is preferred. A minimum of two (2) years’ building maintenance
experience is required.
No computer skills are required for this position.
Special Conditions of Employment
(e.g. physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification,
1. Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with
2. Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Standing for long periods of time
4. Stooping, bending, kneeling, balancing, crawling, pushing and pulling and climbing ladders.
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (examples: business office with computers
and printers, light traffic).
6. Must be able to pass a level 2 background check.
License and Certifications
Valid Florida Driver’s License with a clean driving record and current private auto insurance policy.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion,
sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth,
and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment
may be contingent upon Goodwill Industries of Central Florida receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle
report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Drug Free Workplace