Financial Aid Officer
Job Category: FINANCIAL AID
Requisition Number: FINAN002500
Keiser University - Online Division
1900 West Commercial Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, USA
The purpose of the Financial Aid Officer is to guide students through the financial aid process and ensure they are properly funded, packaged and prepared to start each semester.
The Financial Aid Officer will:
- Assist the student with filling out the FAFSA
- Determine the student’s title IV eligibility
- Create cost estimates and explain funding options to the students and parents
- Work with students to obtain the documentation necessary to process their aid if they are selected for verification
- Review weekly reports to ensure all students’ financial aid has been processed
- Submit financial aid packages to be processed by established deadlines
- Ensure a low rate of return due to errors on all packages submitted to be processed
- Provide excellent customer service and answers to student inquiries
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but a minimum of a high school diploma, or its equivalent, is required
- 2-4 years of business experience
- Demonstrated ability of Key Behaviors
- Knowledge of Federal and State funding programs helpful
- Knowledge of title IV regulations helpful
- Knowledge of Webclient software helpful
- Financial Aid Experience helpful
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis
- Dependability: Respond to requests in a timely manner
- Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities
- Decision Making: Display willingness to make decisions
- Communication: Effectively communicate with others
- Time Management: Able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
- Work Ethic: Display an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Accuracy: Display a high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Innovation: Use a creative, solution-oriented approach to address problems
This is a full time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
High School or better.
Bachelors or better.
2-4 years of business experience
To Apply: Visit https://www.keiseruniversity.edu/employment/ > “View a listing of our Job Opportunities”. On the next page type “Orlando” in the search box. Reference CFEC Job Posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.