Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds Maintenance
ASBURY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Position: Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds Maintenance - Part-Time (25 hours per week)
The Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds Maintenance is responsible for the care, maintenance, and personal appearance of the Church building, facilities, and grounds; and oversees the daily assignment of tasks and responsibilities for the Custodian.
The Superintendent also coordinates with the Trustees for projects that alter the facility in any permanent way, primarily via the use of the Work Order process.
This person must have ‘handy-person’ skills and be able to perform simple carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and other maintenance tasks as outlined below. Hours are flexible and may require some evenings and weekends for events at the church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inspect grounds and facility daily.
2. Inspect irrigation system to see that it is working properly; adjust heads as necessary.
3. Replace light bulbs and ballasts.
4. Open clogs in restroom and kitchen as able; notify Church Office or Trustees if major repair is indicated.
5. Repair door openers, locks and hinges as able.
6. Provide other maintenance and repair as necessary or as noted on a Work Order or Housekeeping Request.
7. Report all major repairs needing attention to the Church Administrator; complete Work Orders or Housekeeping forms as needed.
8. Assist with the setup and cleanup for recurring events and the special events as scheduled on an Event Planning form.
9. Secure the buildings each day and, when instructed, on special occasions. Keep all outside doors and gates locked, verify lockup procedures are in place before leaving.
10. Clean carpets and wax floors as needed.
11. Periodically inspect gutters and clean as necessary.
12. Keep leaves from accumulating on roof.
13. Inspect roof air conditioning area to assure proper drainage, as well as monthly inspection/changing of filters in all A/C units.
14. When requested, provide custodial service for weddings or funerals. This is outside the normal work schedule, for which the custodian will be reimbursed from established wedding or funeral fees.
15. Assist the Creative Care Committee in the recycling program.
16. Periodically inspect the church van and clean the inside as needed.
17. Reset the timers for the outside lights as least quarterly.
18. Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
19. Perform other duties as requested.
60 hours of PTO per year.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to with the above mentioned job title listed in their subject line - addressed to Larry Koch, Church Administrator, Asbury UMC (Questions call Mr. Koch at 407-644-5222).
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.