The Christian Preschool Teacher will work to provide a quality Christian education to 3 and 4-year-old students. The teacher will implement developmentally appropriate teaching methods and activities in order to instruct the class. The preschool teacher is called to exemplify a life of Christ-like morals and service to the school community. Creating a safe and warm environment for the children is essential, and the teacher should interact with parents and children in a positive, loving way.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
● Work directly with early childhood aged children.
● Write and implement developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory lesson plans.
● Communicate with parents by way of an informative weekly newsletter.
● Post lesson plans in your classroom weekly, and turn in newsletters and lesson plans to the Headmaster and/or Director every Friday.
● Maintain a neat, organized classroom which offers an inviting learning environment.
● Follow a daily schedule, but be flexible to meet the needs of the children and the school.
● Be involved in the development and implementation of educational goals and curriculum.
● Maintain accurate information about the educational progress of each child.
● Regularly update parents about the progress of their child.
● Communicate educational concerns promptly and lovingly with parents.
● Hold conferences with parents throughout the year during the weeks following distribution of progress reports.
● Maintain classroom discipline. Guide and redirect inappropriate behavior.
● Communicate with the director about any discipline problems.
● Maintain constant supervision of children. Ensure the safety of all of the children at all times.
● Maintain confidentiality at all times regarding student, employee, and school matters.
● Assist with daily snack, lunchtime, and nap when needed.
● Closely monitor children during playground time while encouraging and participating in activities promoting the development of gross motor skills.
● Work cooperatively with an assistant in the classroom.
● Work as a member of an educational “team” with the director, co-teachers, and assistants.
● Communicate any concerns about children’s safety or welfare to the director.
● Attend scheduled staff meetings, open houses, or other special SCA activities.
● Maintain required training by FLDOE, CPR and First Aid training and certification.
● A close walk with God is the prerequisite for representing Jesus Christ in the classroom and throughout the school, as demonstrated by active church membership and lifestyle which is consistent with biblical principles and moral commandments. Teachers must be born again with clear testimonies for Christ and must evidence a sense of God’s calling to serve Him in the Christian school.
● Must be able to subscribe to our school’s statement of faith.
● A minimum of 3 years experience as a lead teacher is preferred.
● Staff Credential & VPK coursework through DCF required.
● B.A. in Early Childhood or Education and a valid Florida State Teaching Certificate, or ability to become certified, preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $32,000-$38,000
● relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
● teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
● Bachelor's (Preferred)
● One location
● Health insurance
● Dental insurance
● Paid time off
● Professional development assistance
● Monday to Friday