Captel Service Specialists is one of the leading call centers nationwide to provide CapTel captioning support for the deaf and hard of hearing community. CapTel allows individuals to see word-for –word captions of everything their caller says over the phone through the use of state of the art voice recognition and communications technology. We help people with hearing loss remain connected over the phone. Our philosophy of empowering individuals extends to the CSS work environment as well where the atmosphere is casual, diverse and friendly. Our employees are proud of the work they do every day that truly makes a difference in the lives of people with hearing loss. 2602 Challenger Tech Court, Suite 190 (located in Research Park next door to the University of Central Florida), Orlando, FL 32826.
Primarily responsible for providing quick and accurate captions for telephone conversations of Captioned Telephone clients using voice recognition applications.
• Multi-task (hear audio, voice what was heard, proof-read developing captions, – all simultaneously).
• Utilize a keyboard by typing proper corrections and other words as necessary.
• Maintain the CapTel Call Center’s quality standards for accuracy and speed.
• Monitor technical issues on calls and report to appropriate staff.
• Attend job-appropriate meetings and training sessions.
• Sign and abide by the CapTel Call Center’s Oath of Confidentiality, even after employment is terminated.
Job Category: Customer Service – call center
Job Location City and Zip Code: Orlando, FL 32826
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Excellent reading skills
• Strong voicing skills/voice quality – ability to speak quickly with clear enunciation
• Excellent spelling/vocabulary
• Good typing skills (at least 35 words per minute with a low error rate)
• Strong memory-recall ability
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail
• Calm/relaxed demeanor
• Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology
Salary: Starting rate of pay is $11.00 per hour, $11.75 on weekends
Applicants must apply online thru: https://careers.captelspecialists.com/. There is a job opportunities tab on the website that will connect the applicant to our career portal. We no longer accept applications thru recruiter @ captelspecialists.com. Applicants can still mention CFEC.org job posting under the referral section during the application process.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.