Public Allies is a national movement grounded in the conviction that everyone leads. We believe that everyone can make a difference and can work to inspire more citizens to believe in themselves, step up, and act. Throughout our nation’s history, lasting social change has always resulted from the courageous acts of many, not just the inspiration of the few. The Public Allies signature AmeriCorps Ally Program identifies diverse young adults and prepares them for leadership through paid full-time nonprofit apprenticeships and rigorous leadership training. Allies will serve under the direct supervision of the Partner Organization Supervisor and Public Allies Program Manager, responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the community impact program.
REPORTS TO: Public Allies Program Manager & Partner Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: 10 month apprenticeship program
Minimum of 42.5 hours per week, this excludes service days that take place during evenings and some weekends. Complete a minimum of 170 hours a month. Subject to change based on apprenticeship requirements to be determined by the placement and agreed with the Public Allies staff.
· Must complete an ally application on http://apply.publicallies.org and include both personal and professional references
· Like us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Public-Allies-Central-Florida/
· Participate in a group and/or individual interview with both PACFL staff and Partner Organization staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attend a bi-weekly leadership training
2. Participate in community service opportunities
3. Build capacity for a local nonprofit or government entity.
4. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
5. Attends scheduled departmental meetings to receive current updates and departmental initiatives.
6. Attends Retreats, participates in a Team Service Project, and any Saturday events scheduled by PACFL and/ or placement staff.
· Valuable experience working with one of the largest nonprofit organizations in Central Florida. .
· Experience in nonprofit management, public speaking, marketing, and event planning, and certificate in Volunteer Management for Rollins College.
· Opportunity to network in the community.
· Monthly Stipend of $1500
· Upon successful completion of the program receive, educational award $5,550.
ALLY CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
· Self-motivated and results oriented.
· Demonstrates commitment and willingness to continuously learn.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication (including presentation) skills.
· Flexible and able to work with a diverse community.
· Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet.
· Flexibility to work some weekends as needed, including community service days.
· Ability to work 42.5 hours during a business work week.
· Ability to pass a national sexual offenders background check.
ALLY CORE COMPETENCIES
We are looking for leaders with different skills and abilities. We believe that Everyone Leads but there are some common qualities and characteristics that we know make great Allies.
of the community you serve in
of the goals of the organization in which you’ll serve
goes above and beyond
sees projects to completion
takes an idea and moves it to fruition
works independently with minimal direction
communicates with others effectively across hierarchical structures
gives and receives feedback
continuously learns and converts feedback into action
willing to be coached to learn and trained and managed to be more effective
Utilizes own skills and knowledge to make better decisions
to time, communications, and common sense
faces challenges head-on
dependable and delivers on promises
able to work with others to accomplish goals
demonstrates willingness to collaborate
calls upon diverse networks
sees the assets in a variety of communities
adapts to changing environments
utilizes critical thought, problem solving, goal setting, and assessment
understands there are multiple ways to accomplish goals
If you have questions, please contact Public Allies Central Florida or call 321-441-2060, 321-441-2097 or go to publicallies.org