Care Team LPN job opportunities
Community Health Centers, (CHC) is a private, non-profit organization that provides healthcare services to insured, uninsured, under-insured, and under-served children and adults within Central Florida. We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) organization that began its operations in 1972 in Apopka, Florida. We now provide care to nearly 60,000 patients each year in the Apopka, Bithlo, Forest City, Lake Ellenor, Leesburg, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, South Lake, Tavares and Winter Garden communities!
Our mission is simple, to provide quality and compassionate primary healthcare services to Central Florida’s diverse communities.
We offer a variety of quality services, such as: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Optometry, Dentistry, Lab, Pharmacy, X-Ray, Case Management, Gynecology, Family Planning and Behavioral Health.
As a group of highly ambitious individuals who work together to support and inspire each other in our mission to provide affordable health care to the residents of Central Florida. We look for employees who will embrace serving with respect, who strive to excel in their field, and those who are strong team players.
We are seeking Care Team LPN’s for the following locations:
• Forest City
• Pine Hills
• Winter Garden
Job Summary: Responsible for preparing patients for interaction with physician, coordinating and monitoring activities of the clinical care team, assists with coordination of quality patient care, lab work, administering medications and immunizations, and performing routine clinical duties.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
• Coordinates and facilitates structured communication to center care team members and providers, related to patient care coordination, pre-visit planning, huddles, one-on-one communication, emails, patient contact and documentation of any services accessed and/or health care related concerns/needs that have arisen since last visit.
• Participates in team meetings to communicate and address patient care and operational requirements.
• May leads huddles emphasizing a team based approach to care.
Routine clinical duties:
Coordinates the patient care activities of the care team.
Answers the telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
Collects patient history and gathers information pertinent to visit; document all communication to patients and clinicians.
Continuous management of the care team's schedule(s), such as work-ins, walk-ins, open- access and patient flow.
Conducts charts review for documentation, billing, and/or grammatical errors.
Administers immunizations and medications as orderedwhile utilizing the rights of safe medication administration.
Communicates with clinician frequently regarding patient care.
Faxes orders or prescriptions to hospitals, pharmacies, or other vendors.
Assists patient and clinician in exam areas.
Gives treatments/procedures as directed.
Assists clinicians with Administrative paperwork.
Schedules patient appointments as needed.
Labels and processes specimens.
May draw blood from patients.
Communicates to assigned supervisor/provider or leads all cases needing a higher level of intervention in a timely fashion.
Assists with various procedures (such as EKG, wound care, VFC, and all other procedures), and participates in chaperoning as indicated.
Performs various test (glucose, hemoglobin, strep, and all other test required and specified)
Other duties may include:
Monitors quality controls logs within your department.
Tracks and monitors immunizations and injections; prepares monthly reports, such as VFC and Florida shots.
Maintains supply inventories and medical stock in exam rooms and nursing station; keeps secured; checks expiration dates; orders supplies as needed.
Coordinates assigned duties of the care team, such as cleaning, stocking, and etc.
May assist with Managed Care lists.
Monitors that instruments are properly cleaned, sterilized and stored for procedures.
Attends all training and in-service meetings as indicated.
Maintains, responds, and utilizes working relationships with and knowledge of referral sources, community resources, and collaboratively works with other departments.
Attends in-services, and departmental meetings as requested.
Participates in the orientation of other nurses and clinical support staff as requested.
• Team members in this role will need to be familiar with navigating daily tasks and workflow within an electronic health record which includes creating and updating electronic documentation using electronic tools and applications on portable computing devices, results review, order entry and clinical decision support.
• Individuals will assist in organizing the work of a provider to take full advantage of the features of health IT in pursuit of meaningful use. This includes communicating health/medical information using standard definitions, vocabularies, terminologies and/or relevant data sets as used in the organization's health information systems.
• May be expected to cross train and function within all medical disciplines (such as Family, Pediatrics, and OB/GYN).
• May be required to travel to other CHC locations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of accredited Licensed Practical Nursing course required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a licensed LPN in Health Care, Managed Care, physician practice, or clinic setting preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail, and possess a good working knowledge of electronic medical records
• Must possess and maintain current/valid Florida LPN license.
• Current/valid BLS certification, or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
• Ability to deal with patients effectively in upsetting situations; able to function professionally in emergency situations.
• Bilingual skills preferred.
• Able to work flexible hours and sites as needed.
• Able to work evenings and weekends.
CHC EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
At CHC, we value each employee and the contributions they make to our organization. As such, we are happy to present our team members with a competitive benefit package!
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life and AD&D
• Short Term Disability
• Long Term Disability
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• And More!
For more information on Community Health Centers, please visit our website: https://www.chcfl.org/ Qualified candidates should send their resume to with the job title listed in the SUBJECT line – mention CFEC.org job posting.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.