UniFirst Filed Sales Representative
Primary duties include Prospecting, Appointment Setting, conducting Customer Needs Analysis’, making effective Sales Presentations, and securing contracts that meet company New Account criteria and Sales Goals. Conduct all aspects of Sales Activities within assigned geographic territory.
To Sell various UniFirst products and services within discount authority to a maximum of 7% of list price.
1. Prospect for potential businesses that can utilize UniFirst’s various services and add Qualified Prospects to database.
2. Effectively manage territory and database by penetrating and following up with Accounts at appropriate times.
3. Internalize UniFirst Selling System/Program.
o Company history
o Sales procedures/process
o Service procedures
o Plant operations
o Product knowledge
o Order and repair work system
o Sales Force Automation
o Customer contracts
o Pricing policy
4. Manage Sales territory by utilizing company’s TOPS plan.
5. Manage Prospect database utilizing UniFirst issued technology.
6. Update Prospect records and complete Sales Activities in UniFirst’s CRM program, in real-time on a daily basis, not after hours.
7. Maintain and manage Target Account Green Sheets for all “A” Prospects.
8. Ensure all Proposals for goods and services are approved by Location Management prior to being given to Customer.
9. Stay current with competitor activity in the territory and report all intelligence gathered to Management.
10. Attend and participate in trade shows, exhibits, etc., when requested.
11. Prepare for, attend, and participate in weekly P & R, Sales Team Meetings and Trainings. Take a leadership or presentation role when asked.
12. Conduct oneself in a professional manner and comply with UniFirst’s Code of Ethics.
13. Meet prescribed Sales standards and cost standards.
14. Utilize Sales Support materials provided by UniFirst.
15. Achieve and maintain a delivered average of 100%+ to required quota.
16. Be supportive of other Sales Team members in their Sales efforts (be a mentor). Be respectful at all times.
17. Submit new orders within 24 to 48 hours, once signed by New Customer.
18. Report any Customer/Prospect complaints to Management using RFCA Form.
19. Submit Prospects that meet National Accounts criteria to National Accounts Division.
20. Follow all written UniFirst Sales Policies and HR Handbook.
Reporting requirement to Sales Management:
o Pricing – contracts – administration.
o Meet company requirements on TOPS and SFA programs.
• Successfully complete New Hire Sales Education Program (NHSE).
• Maintain delivered average of 100% to required quota.
• Grow database strategically.
• Build and maintain Target Account Green Sheets for all “A” prospects.
• Follow new Customer procedures and policies.
• Maintain a line of open communication with Management.
• Utilize SFA to maximize efficiency.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to with the job title listed in the SUBJECT line – mention CFEC.org job posting.