COOK II - FT
**$300 CULINARY SIGN-ON BONUS** restrictions apply
A Cook 2 is primarily responsible for the preparation and presentation of food items as well as the cleaning and maintenance of kitchen areas and equipment. Food must be prepared to the highest quality and done so following all Company and food safety guidelines. A basic understanding of food preparation techniques and food safety guidelines is necessary to be successful.
WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum of 1 year of culinary experience and/or culinary education
· Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
· Must have or be able to obtain a State of Florida Food Safety Certificate
· Must possess a basic understanding of food safety - including proper holding temperatures, cooking temperatures, date marking procedures, cleaning and sanitizing procedures etc.
· Must have previous experience in food preparation and cooking techniques – including knife skills, sautéing, grilling, braising, baking, frying etc.
· Must be able to read and follow recipes to completion
· Must be fluent in the English language
· Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to stand, be mobile and perform repetitive tasks for up to 4 consecutive hours
· Must be able to lift equipment/food up to 50 pounds
· Must be available to work weekends and holidays
· Must be able to arrive for all assigned shifts on-time
· Must be able to comply with “Disney Look” and company appearance guidelines
· Prepare all food items according to recipe and food safety guidelines
· Document food safety procedures through daily logs
· Set up and break down kitchen stations
· Clean and sanitize kitchen areas and equipment
· Safely and properly operate food preparation equipment
· Receive food shipments and properly store food items
· Follow the Disney 4-Keys Basics and Service Basics at all times
· All other tasks as assigned
Job Location: Lake Buena Vista, FL
APPLY AT: www.palmasjobs.com - mention CFEC.org job posting.