Experienced Safety Professional
Regal Marine Industries is looking for an Experienced Safety Professional to join our team. The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience as a Safety Professional in a manufacturing environment and handling Workers Comp claims.
Summary: Promotes a safe working environment and strong safety culture through partnership with management and team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct accident investigations to establish root cause and determine necessary corrective actions to prevent further occurrences.
• Report and manage worker’s compensation claims and a return-to-work program through contact with occupational medicine clinics, claims adjusters, management, and team members.
• Provide guidance to a team of 14 hourly safety representatives through daily communication, monthly meetings and trainings.
• Create and coordinate training programs for new hires and employees to facilitate learning safe working practices and awareness.
• Inspect departments to evaluate existing or potential hazards and unsafe behaviors and recommend corrective or preventative measures.
• Correspond with OSHA as required for severe or annual injury reporting, team member complaints, or inspections.
• Communicate regularly with local agencies (ie: Orange County Fire Marshal, Belle Isle Police Department, City of Belle Isle) to provide updated facility safety and security information and request feedback.
• Provide team member health safety evaluations (ie: respiratory fit testing, audiometric tests, pulmonary function tests, Hepatitis B vaccinations).
• Create and revise safety policies for plant personnel in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA regulations.
• Maintain a safety budget and research methods to improve cost-savings for claims handling and ordering supplies.
• Maintain documentation related to accident and fire investigations, safety complaints, management accountability, team member trainings, disciplinary action, and all other relevant records.
Required Education and Experience
At least 3 years of experience as a Safety Coordinator
OSHA 30-hour Certification
Licensed Safety Professional or similar
Fluency in Spanish and/or Vietnamese
CPR Certified or willing to receive training
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume to with the job title and Orlando, FL listed in the SUBJECT line - mention CFEC.org Job Posting