This position is responsible for organizing, supervising, and directing electrical work of the assigned job crew. The Superintendent will organize and control the preparation and execution of project(s), not complex in nature, to ensure company objectives of cost, quality, and equipment conservation are met.
Monitor and document the progress of the assigned job up to and including the quality and quantity of work performed by the job crew. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the project is completed on time and within budget and the Superintendent will have profit and loss responsibilities, as well as responsibilities for job safety standards. This position will serve as liaison between the job and General Contractor.
This is an opportunity to BUILD your career with Tri-City!
What you’ll do:
• Plan, organize, and direct the work of job crew employees on a daily basis.
• Monitor and document the progress of the assigned job up to and including the quality and quantity of work performed by the job crew and will have profit and loss responsibility.
• Maintain familiarity with plans, specifications, and job contract scope.
• Attend coordination meetings as required and provide necessary information.
• Monitor and document the progress of the job with appropriate forms and procedures as listed in the Superintendent’s handbook.
• Provide area foreman or lead person with current and accurate information by generating RFI’s, memorandums, and other forms of communication.
• Apply knowledge of National Electrical Code.
• Order daily materials as needed and follow up on back orders when necessary.
• Monitor and manage tool control for job site.
• Ensure the job site is properly cleaned up at the end of each workday.
• Ensure compliance with all job safety standards established by Tri-City and all regulatory agencies.
What you’ll need to be successful:
• A passion for learning and the drive to succeed
• Must have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as an electrician and one (1) year as an Area Foreman. (Journeyman Preferred)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have sufficient estimating training and knowledge to understand the estimating of change orders.
• Strong working knowledge of National Electrical Codes.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Effectively mastered job layout skills including the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Proficient in the use of all tools and equipment related to commercial electrical work.
• Working knowledge of construction, electrical work, systems, and troubleshooting.
• Must possess the skills to communicate job requirements and safety standards to the job crew, as well as possess a proven ability to motivate small or large groups of individuals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Bluebeam experience preferred
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
• Bonus Opportunities
• Paid Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
• Company-paid Life Insurance
• Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
• Paid Apprenticeship Training
• Continuing Education Classes Provided Through Tri-City Training Department
• Safety Incentive Program
• Company Advancement
EOE/AAP, Drug Free Workplace
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to with the job title listed in the SUBJECT line – mention CFEC.org job posting.