Direct Support Professional (DSP) Group Homes
High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) year experience working in a related field preferred but not required. College, vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours can substitute for experience. For purposes of effective communication with residents, families and staff must be able to see, hear, speak, read and write English. Must be 21 years old or older and must have a valid Florida driver’s license. Maintain the ability to stretch, push, pull, kneel, reach, twist, walk or stand up to eight hours and able to perform the physical requirements of Safety Care. If required, lift unassisted at least 25 lbs and walk and stand up to eight hours.
1. Actively engages with individuals at all times and provide all necessary supports to meet their needs, including all direct care and service requirements. Follows Active Treatment/Programming schedule.
2. Ensures residents’ rights and promotes optimal quality of life standards. Reports any incident of abuse in accordance with facility procedure and the Disabled Persons Abuse Negligence Act. Adheres to policies related to boundaries with individuals. Attends required abuse risk management training. Reports suspicious and inappropriate behaviors. Adheres to procedures related to managing high-risk activities and supervising individuals.
3. Implements electronic and paper documentation of training needs including programming, incident reporting (GER’s), data collection and behavior observations.
4. Communicates resident concerns, items in need of repair, behaviors, health, appetite, physical management and clothing needs, etc., to supervisor.
5. Follows daily shift assignment schedule for cleaning and housekeeping duties. Completes assigned rounds between shifts.
6. Demonstrates proper use of Safety Care procedures and all competencies that are designed to manage aggression, self injury and/or property destruction.
7. Demonstrate competency of required training for Group Homes to include medication administration (if applicable).
8. Follows good vehicle loading and unloading procedures as well as ensures compliance with good vehicle safety practices.
9. Maintains a driving record in good standing with company standards if position requires driving.
10. Adheres to attendance policy. Reports to work on time as scheduled. Completes required training and attends staff meetings.
11. Projects a professional appearance and a willing, positive and courteous expression in performing tasks. Cooperates with fellow workers, supervisors, residents, visitors, etc. in performing tasks. Interacts verbally/non-verbally in a professional manner during working hours.
12. Ensure compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations. Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualified candidates should send their job openings to with the job title listed in the SUBJECT line – mention CFEC.org job posting.