Marketing Reservations Specialist
Under supervision, the Reservation and Sales Activator Specialist provides excellent customer service to all potential guests, owners, and members that call into the National Marketing Call Center. This position also provides excellent customer service with all outbound calls to potential guests, owners, and members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs outbound sales calls to assist potential guests, owners, and members with activating reservations and confirming their arrival information.
- With prior approval, utilizes Diamond Resorts’ onsite portfolio for Marketing Stays.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all resorts, and Company products and services as they related to marketing and the Company as a whole.
- Updates reservations system with detailed notes regarding guest information and reservations that the agent is responsible for.
- Processes payment for reservations.
- Processes cancellations and reimburses payment when necessary.
- Remains compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) and privacy standards.
- Informs management of any escalated issues immediately while handling guest calls.
- Learns and delivers a branded and scripted presentation and qualification pitch. Adheres to Company scripting standards when selling and reserving Company products.
- Provides accurate and comprehensive answers to customer questions for all products and services provided by the Company.
- Responsible for accurate data entry.
- Responsible for saving packages for guests who are attempting to cancel.
- Adheres to federal guidelines as they relate to the Do Not Call List and Consent To Call.
- Follows training received on all Company software and computer programs.
- Responsible for other clerical and analytical tasks as assigned.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Maintains a typing proficiency at a rate of 35 words per minute.
- Able to operate general office machinery, including computer, copy machine, fax machine, 10-key, etc.
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Able to complete multiple tasks with both speed and proficiency.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Basic math skills.