The Maitland Fire Rescue Department will be conducting a hiring assessment for the position of Firefighter/ Paramedic.
You must be a State of Florida Certified Firefighter and Paramedic (or National Registry EMT-P) by January 14th, 2019. You MUST attend the department assessment on Monday, January 14th, 2019, in order to be considered for employment. The Department will communicate with you via e-mail regarding other pertinent information.
STARTING SALARY: $49,490 annually (based on a 56-hour average work week) approx. $17.00/hr
A one-time Certification Compensation totaling $3,500 for those fully certified as a FF/PM
HOURS: Varying Shifts (56-hour average work week) 24 on/48 off
We are Internationally Accredited through CPSE and CAAS; we are an ISO Class-2 fire department established in 1926. Located in Central Florida, we are an all FF/PM Transport Department. We have two fire stations, 39 shift personnel and seven administrative personnel.
We serve 17,000 residents, and a business population of 35,000, across 6.2 square miles.
• High School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the State of Florida, Department of Education
• Possess & maintain a valid State of Florida Driver's License
• Communicate effectively in English
• Must be Tobacco Free for one year prior to application
• State of Florida Firefighter II Certificate of Compliance
• State of Florida Paramedic License
• CPR Certification
• BLS & ACLS Certification
• EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) 16-hour certificate
• VMR Ops
• VMR Tech
• CPR Instructor
• Associates Degree
• Probationary Period – 1 Year
• Successfully complete orientation and probationary performance requirements as conducted by the Department
• Complete Paramedic Field Internship Training Program (FIT)
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life
• Retirement Plan is a defined benefit as set forth in Florida Statute 175. Retirement eligibility after 20 years.
• Tuition reimbursement program of up to $1,600 per fiscal year may be reimbursed for qualifying formal academic
• Firefighter’s supplemental compensation
• Employee Assistance Program (Cigna Behavioral Health)
• Section 125 Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Supplemental insurance available from AFLAC and Colonial as payroll deduction
Our hiring assessment consists of Fire and EMS written and practical test, and interview board.
Candidates must have an acceptable driving record and past criminal history; pass a drug screen and medical examination; background reference checks; and water safety assessment. Must meet all pre-employment requirements in accordance with state and department standards.
THE CITY OF MAITLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
AS PART OF OUR COMMITMENT TO A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE, FOR ANY POSITIONS
DESIGNATED AS MANDATORY POSITION OR A SPECIAL RISK POSITION UNDER APPLICABLE
LAW, JOB APPLICANTS ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONAL UPON SUCCESSFULLY
PASSING A DRUG TEST. REFUSAL TO TAKE THE TEST, OR FAILURE TO PASS THE TEST
ACCORDING TO MINIMUM STANDARDS, IS CAUSE FOR DISQUALIFICATION. ADDITIONALLY,
IF YOU BECOME EMPLOYED WITH THE CITY, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A DRUG
TEST AS REQUESTED AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. YOUR REFUSAL, OR
FAILURE TO PASS THE TEST ACCORDING TO MINIMUM STANDARDS, WILL RESULT IN YOUR
To apply: www.itsmymaitland.com
For a copy of the job description, benefits packet and application go to our website at http://www.itsmymaitland.com/employment_openings.aspx.