Pay level: Negotiable
Cru has a long standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion and burning desire to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations. At Cru, our Digital Products and Services department creates and innovates technology solutions for the global Church that help to make disciples. We call it Digital Missions.
Who we’re looking For:
We’re looking for a Rails developer who eats, breathes and sleeps server side development. Have you ever filled your weekend with building a REST API, writing some backend business logic, just because? Do you figure out Rails MVC implementation solutions on long walks and then race back home to prototype them? But maybe that’s not enough. You want more. You want to see your prototypes come to life and make a difference in this world. But maybe that too isn’t enough. You want to be a difference maker for the sake of the Gospel and help make Jesus known to the ends of the earth.
About the Web Team:
You’ll be working directly with our Web development team. The Web team is responsible for implementing back end solutions for Cru’s front end (web and mobile) applications. The Web team is made up of Rails developers. None of our team has ended up here by chance. All our staff have made clear choices to answer God’s call in their lives leaving successful positions in various industries to pull together and preach Christ through digital solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
• Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
• Produce fully functional Rails server applications writing clean code
• Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
• Write unit and UI tests to identify and prevent malfunctions
• Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
• Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
• Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
• Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
• Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
• Getting Hands on Training from Senior Team Members
• Getting Training through Conferences
• Drinking & Making Coffee
• Going to Company Parties
Skills you need to have:
• Proven experience as a Rails developer.
• Demonstrable portfolio of released applications
• In-depth knowledge of Rails.
• Familiarity with OOP design principles.
• Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
• Ability to perform in a team environment.
• Deep love for Jesus Christ
• Deep desire to share the Gospel with the world
• Willingness to receive and respond to feedback (it’s not personal)
• Living in or willing to relocate to Orlando, Florida
• College Degree in a Visual Design field
• BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
• High School Diploma
Apply online at jobs.cru.org and mention CFEC.org.