ADVENTHEALTH IMAGING - SONOGRAPHER-LAKE NONA
Under general supervision performs General Sonographic procedures in accordance with department protocols. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Radiology Imaging’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
· Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Manager. Always follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. [Exam Supervision and Administration]
· Reviews all images on Ultrasound machine or Web and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Rescans patient as requested by Radiologist. Is open to critique of exams by Radiologist and/or department Manager/ Educator. [Diagnostic Image Quality and Documentation]
· Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Demonstrates ability to coordinate acceptable patient throughput in an OP setting keeping the department on schedule and maintaining desired productivity. Follows direction from Manager. [Personal Productivity and Accountability]
· Utilizes computer system to update exam status, cancel/update orders as needed. Ensures charges match procedure completed. Confirms proper exam/patient assignment at QC before releasing images to PACS for interpretation. Corrects erroneous accession numbers in PACS when needed. Notifies EAC and transmits required worksheet and requisition for all after hours cases. Effective knowledge of all Information Systems used in the Ultrasound department. [Data Processing]
· Operates and maintains Ultrasound equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Follows all protocols relating to proper cleaning of gel bottles. Follows guidelines for proper use of GUS unit. Washes hands before and after every patient encounter. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
· Performs a full range of diagnostic ultrasound procedures and operates all ultrasound equipment in department. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics). The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training in an Ultrasound school, in-service, continuing education and/or experience. Demonstrates a willingness to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols and help develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. [Clinical Competence]
· Assists with data collection for KPI's while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Participates in department Gallup and patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. [Performance Improvement]
· Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items. Attends all other meetings as required. [Department Meeting Attendance]
Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Schedule: Thurs - Sat 7a-8p
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Abdomen, Abdominal Doppler, OB/Gyn, Small Parts, and Interventional Sonographic Procedures
· Ability to learn and master new tasks related to the computer and AGFA Pacs system
· Ability to communicate effectively and work with people of various diverse backgrounds
· Adult and infant/child CPR
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of PACS and associated equipment
· Good organizational skills
· Breast Sonography
· Pediatric Sonography
· Venous Doppler
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of Ultrasound Program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must be active and in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
· Must be ARDMS licensed in Abdomen, OB/GYN, BR
· Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Vascular Registry (RVT)
TO APPLY: AdventHealth has many ways to connect with you. You can search job title on their career site and find a location near you at https://jobs.adventhealth.com , sign up for job alerts at Job Alerts at https://jobs.adventhealth.com/en-US/join , and click here to add your social profile and upload your resume! http://joinAdventHealth.com/ - mention CFEC.org job posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.