ADVENT HEALTH CENTRA CARE X-RAY TECHNICIAN-Lake Mary-Part Time
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the X-Ray Technician cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities, including laboratory testing and radiographic exams. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Performs basic radiological examinations, including all quality controls/clerical duties. Processes reference laboratory specimens to include venipuncture, specimen handling/ labeling, and tracking results.
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Completes general orders and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
· Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
· Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to the patient or Performs required Quality Control checklist to ensure safety of the patient
· Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows safety regulations.
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
· May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be able to operate radiographic equipment and work with electrical and radiant energy
· Comprehensive knowledge of general radiographic procedures
· Demonstrated ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
· Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and others of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast pace, high patient volume environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Strong critical thinking skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous X-Ray Tech experience
· Previous urgent care / ED experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· CPR Certification
· Current Florida State license – General Radiographer (RT)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Organization: AdventHealth Centra Care
Primary Location: Lake Mary, FL
Job Level: Staff / Associate
Education Level: High School Diploma / GED
TO APPLY: AdventHealth has many ways to connect with you. You can search job title on their career site and find a location near you at https://jobs.adventhealth.com , sign up for job alerts at Job Alerts at https://jobs.adventhealth.com/en-US/join , and click here to add your social profile and upload your resume! http://joinAdventHealth.com/ - mention CFEC.org job posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.