PATIENT REGISTRATION COORDINATOR
Under supervision of the Practice Manager, the Patient Registration Coordinator is accountable for the patient’s first impression of the organization by making patients feel safe, cared for and respected with an emphasis on customer service. They are responsible for the complete patient registration process.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Answers telephone, responds to patient questions/concerns to ensure prompt accurate resolution is achieved and is able to handle various job tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrates age-specific communication skills for patients with the ability to assess and interpret relevant data
· Communicates with the patient or their guarantor to obtain demographic, employment, insurance and current medical condition information in order to perform accurate registration
· Obtains client information for worker’s comp and corporate accounts, and verifies authorization and service(s) requested
· Verifies insurance eligibility and determines accurate up-front collection amount
· Prepares, processes, and files the medical record for each patient as required by patient type for documentation by physician and medical personnel
· Verifies diagnosis and procedural codes are entered into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
· Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and others of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to request and collect co-pays and outstanding balances
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous customer service experience
· Prior pediatric experience (for Kids Urgent Care Centers)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must maintain current CPR certification at all times. If certification is not current at time of hire, the employee must obtain a valid card within their first ninety days.
Job Level: Entry Level
Education Level: High School Diploma / GED
TO APPLY: AdventHealth has many ways to connect with you. You can search job title on their career site and find a location near you at https://jobs.adventhealth.com , sign up for job alerts at Job Alerts at https://jobs.adventhealth.com/en-US/join , and click here to add your social profile and upload your resume! http://joinAdventHealth.com/ - mention CFEC.org job posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.