Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is a large and diverse nonprofit. A career at Goodwill blends service with professional advancement - whether you aim to join retail, donor services, business services or professional administration, you’ll work with a team of dedicated individuals serving a common purpose: to get people with disabilities and other barriers employment building lives that work.
Summary Under the direction of the Job Connection Center Manager, provide employability skills training and support for participants working toward personal self-sufficiency.
Major duties include providing vocational counseling, instructing clients on the use of computers, and maintaining current knowledge of the labor market, the local economy, and current job openings and ensures compliance with all agency
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide orientation to new clients of the Job Connection Center including instruction and guidance to motivate participants to gain competitive employment
• Provide vocational guidance to participants to identify vocational strengths and clarify career goals to assist them in planning their job search.
• Directs Job Connection clients to appropriate job postings at the Center.
• Informs Job Connection clients of appropriate job openings as they become available.
• Ensures that participants of each Job Club have an updated resume within established time frames, if requested.
• Instructs clients on the use of computers for conducting job searches, completing on-line job applications, and resume templates.
• Ensure all participant documents and program activities are managed in a manner that ensures sensitivity to and compliance with all requirements for participant confidentiality.
• Maintains an accurate awareness of the local labor market, the local economy, current job openings and employment trends.
• Conducts regularly scheduled Job Clubs at the Center and off-site Job Clubs when requested.
• Provides information and answers questions to the Centers’ clients using the Network area.
• Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of Goodwill’s Job Club Curriculum and philosophies and departmental policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all services demonstrate consistent application of the five (5) principles of Self Sufficiency: urgency, responsibility, practice, continual learning, and motivation.
• Ensure that all required client demographic information is accurately recorded in the department’s client information system to provide accurate, current statistical data for the department’s monthly census, Goodwill’s quarterly outcome measurement and Annual Statistical Report (ASR) and HUD?s Annual Progress Report (APR).
• Conducts follow-up with Job Club participants and other participants to provide job leads and determine employment status.
• Conducts surveys of local employers and/or job development activities to ensure prompt and timely identification of potential job openings for the Job Bank and Network Center.
• Demonstrate consistently professional demeanor in speech, actions and appearance, serving as a role model for participants, staff and co-workers and community resources.
• Promotes an environment of cooperation and support where creativity and innovation are encouraged for participants, employees, co-workers, community partners, and other stakeholders and customers. Benefits and Perks
• We offer a full benefits package two health plan to choose from(FT), as well as two dental plans, vision and Group life insurance(FT/PT), Employee Assistance Program and much more!!
• Our generous compensation package also includes a 20% store discount, 403(b) retirement plan election, fitness reimbursement, holiday pay, vacation.
Education and/or Experience Associate’s degree is required. Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience with instructing and/or working with people in disadvantaging conditions. Valid Florida Driver’s License with an insurable driving record and current private auto insurance policy
To Apply: Visit http://www.goodwillcfl.org/services/work-for-goodwill/ to complete an application for a position near you. For More information regarding employment at Goodwill call (407) 857-0659
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.