As an Electrical Assistant you will assist Journeyman or Master Electrician in the installation and repair of electrical wiring, lighting, and equipment.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Works from elevated locations, sometimes near water
• Gathers tools and supplies to be used at work site
• Measures, cuts, and bends wire and conduit
• Drill holes for wiring and pulls or pushes wiring through opening
• Traces out short circuits in wiring
• Assists in lifting, positioning and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit and motors
• Performs minor repairs such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches
• Maintains tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order
• Disassembles defective electrical equipment, replaces defective or worn parts and reassembles equipment
• Performs other routine duties
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5-10 years' of relative experience
• Journeyman License
• Must have the ability to operate tools, equipment and vehicles properly and safely
• Ability to work with 277/480 volts
• Must have CDL license
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Must be able to pass a DOT physical and obtain a medical card
• Must be able to respond to emergency call backs
• Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, traverse uneven ground, work in extreme weather conditions (e.g. hot summers, cold winters).
• Only local candidates will be considered
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.