Candidates best suited for this role will have a proven ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment, have good time management, the ability to multi-task, and have good attention to detail.
Pre-inspection of trailers including management notification of findings
Load Flat Bed trailer
Knowledge and proper order of loading and securing loads.
Move freight or other materials to and from production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, such as: Cranes or Forklifts, tractors, or other equipment
Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
Sort material, inspect, before loading and unloading.
Attach identifying bar codes to material when needed.
Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
Record numbers of pieces loaded on trucks using daily Loading work order.
Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to material being shipped/Transferred.
Adjust or replace equipment parts, such as rollers, belts, plugs, or caps, using hand tools.
Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift material and guide loads.
Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes.
Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
Clean storage and bay location.
Bundle and band material using banding machines.
Carry out general yard duties.
Driving the truck around the lot and loading and unloading material.
The ability to read tape measures and efficiently operate all other required measuring devices is required.
Physical ability to stand for several hours, lift 50 pounds.
· A valid CDL driver's license, preferred
· A high school diploma, preferred
· Availability to start within two weeks after offer made/accepted, preferred
· Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
Required Work and Environmental Conditions:
· Must be able to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions;
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some holidays
· Must be able to frequently climb, using various types of ladders, to heights in excess of 10 feet;
· Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
To Apply: Interested applicants can complete an application for this position at https://www.bankersteel.com/careers/ , once online application is completed call 407-293-0120 to state you have done so. Mention CFEC.org job posting.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.