Airship Ground Crew
Skyship Services Inc. has an exciting new opportunity to have a chance to join an elite team of crewman and work with one of the largest Blimp Companies in the world. We are looking for individuals interested in traveling, learning a very unique skill set, and working side by side with a great team.
Airships, also known as blimps, fly from city to city across the U.S.
As a crewman you will be assigned to one of our crews and follow the blimp from city to city and help assist with Airship Operations.
This unique opportunity is for individuals who have a strong desire to travel.
You live in hotels during your entire assignment and lodging is provided by the company.
• The Airship Crew will work in conjunction with other blimp team members to ensure that all Airship operations run smoothly and efficiently, both at the base and on the road.
• Tend the airship for pressure watches (helium & air) as scheduled in a rotation with co-workers, including overnight shifts.
• Works under the direction of the Ground Operations Manager, Crew Chief, and assigned Supervisor performing duties necessary to maintain the safe and efficient operations of the airship.
• Participates in airship launching and landing activities.
• Tends to airship systems management. Perform watch duties in rotational shifts with coworkers, including overnight shifts when the airship is moored on the mast.
• Drives ground support vehicles pertinent to mission objectives.
• Follows all safety regulations in accordance with company policies.
• Assists management, pilots, and crew chiefs in performing tasks as necessary.
• Performs ground support equipment (GSE) cleaning and maintenance as needed.
• Performs additional duties as directed
• Represents the company and airship operations in a professional and appropriate manner in all aspects, on and off the job.
Education, Experience, and certificates
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Previous aviation experience and commercial driving experience a plus.
• High reach and forklift operators a plus.
To be considered for a position within our company you must:
• Must be at least 21 years of age: (Federal DOT Requirement)
• Must have a clean driving record.
• Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check. We are in the aviation business, and we adhere to
FAA and DOT regulations.
• Must be able to do physically demanding work including, but not limited to running, climbing, lifting, pulling. Work environment is usually outside on an airport in the grass or on asphalt and many times are performed on uneven terrain.
• Ability to work at heights
• Ability to lift 25 lb. ballast bags in each hand on a regular basis.
• Ability to obtain and pass DOT physical within 30 days of hire.
What we offer:
• After 60 days of continuous employment, we offer a benefit package to include:
o Life Insurance
o Supplemental life insurance
o 401(k) matching up to 5%
The base range for this position is 17.50-22.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications. Per-diem of $50.00 per day while on the road in a hotel paid by the company.
Skyship Services welcomes all candidates regardless of their experience.
We offer on the job training and looking for individuals that want to help grow with this company for many years to come.
To apply: Send your resume and letter of interest to - reference this CFEC job posting, when applying.